Sunday, June 29, 2008

FINALLY!!!

Oh, how I am so HAPPY!! This is a long time coming.
First it was when we were getting married "I will stop", didn't happen. Second when we were trying to get pregnant...didn't happen then either. Many time's I heard him say "When this starts costing me $4.00 a can I will quit", that came and went. Then when we adopted Tessa he was going to quit, that lasted about 3 weeks. Needless to say we have been together for 12 years and there have been many occasions that he says I think I'm going to quit chewing. But it hasn't happened. I do have to admit that when he is in the middle of another attempt, he gets so cranky that its almost unbearable.
Well today it happened again..."I have got to stop buying this stuff." The real reason behind all this is because as you know the cost of living in Canada is a little bit more expensive than the US. Chris for the past 2 weeks hasn't said much about the can's he has been buying, but I have noticed that the can's are about half the size of the cans they sell in the states. So out of curiosity I asked how much that cost, thinking he was going to tell me a few bucks...no he said $7.36. Can you believe that? That is outrageous. Now I have never been a smoker, so I really don't have a clue how expensive this habit is but now that I know...



Yes, my friend this is his breaking point(I hope). I figure he goes thru at least 4 of these a week at a total cost of $29.44. That's almost $1500.00 a year on this crap that may cause CANCER!! So keep your fingers crossed that he will FINALLY quit!!!

1 comment:

2.5 Henrys said...

good for chris! that is outrageously expensive.